Volunteers of America Northern Rockies operates on a sliding fee scale for Wyoming residents and is based on the individual’s income. Prospective clients from out of state pay a flat daily rate of $150. The first month’s charge of $4500.00 is required prior to admission and is non-refundable.
Below are the current requirements for a prospective client to be admitted to any of our residential treatment programs:
• Submit an ASI-ASAM-based substance abuse assessment. (The person completing the assessment must fax or mail it to us.)
◦ This can be completed at most mental health centers, counseling centers and substance abuse facilities.
◦ If one has already had an assessment, it must have been completed within the last 60 days to be current.
◦ However, if an assessment is completed under the AOAA Act, then it is current within the last six months.
◦ Depending on the time frame, the client may be asked to have an updated assessment completed.
• Complete our Screening Sheet for Admission.
• Send a copy of a current physical examination, with a list of current medications.
◦ A current physical is one that was completed within the last 60 days, by a doctor stating the client is physically fit and medically clear to participate in treatment activities.
• Provide a copy of a negative TB test done within the last six months.
• Provide a letter from the client concerning their motivation to attend treatment.
• Any pertinent legal information, including but not limited to: court order, PSI (Pre-Sentence Investigation), legal representation contact.
** Please know that your PSI report will not be accepted in place of your ASI/ASAM assessment.**
The Volunteers of America Northern Rockies program is unique in that it offers individualized treatment. The length of stay is determined by our clinical staff and is based on each client’s needs. Average length of stay is 95 days. The length of stay is unknown at the time of admission and the client will be evaluated as they progress through treatment.
The waiting time to be admitted into treatment depends on bed availability. This time can vary day-to-day, depending on cancellations, etc. The client may expect to wait as little as a week or as long as two months, once all the admission information is submitted. The client will receive notification from our office that we have received their completed application, so it is important to have a current address on file.